Friday, March 12, 2010

Half Way Home


Well here we are, half way through Lent, so how are you doing? Lent for me is a time of self knowledge. I begin with vigor, roaring like a lion, determined to follow Christ into the desert and carry Him if need be, but i usually end up losing Him somehow, taking a wrong turn at the Tumbleweed Cafe' and spend the rest of Lent assuming that He has abandoned me. Nothing of course could be further from the truth. He withdraws to the deep recesses of my heart to allow me a taste of the bitterness He experiences there. The bitterness of always wanting things my way. The bitterness of false self-denial. The bitterness of forced charity, and the list can go on and on. Dear Jesus, please do not console me, no matter how deserving I think I am. Help me to grow in genuine love of neighbor, help me to bring peace to a world of terror. Give me the graces I need to grow in virtue. Help me to be humble, because I have no idea what humility is, but I know that it is what you desire for me. Help me Lord,for I am so lost without You. Amen

No comments: